ROBERT LUNN & LOWTH
Our complaints policy.
We are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve standards.
Our complaints procedure.
If you have a complaint, write to us with the details.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter aknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter within 7 days of us receiving your complaint.
- We wlll confirm receipt of your complaint in our central register and open a separate file for your complaint.
- We will acknowledge your reply to our Acknowledgement letter and confirm what will happen next. You can expect to hear from us within 3 days of your reply.
- We will then start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the following steps.
ii) She will ask the member of staff who acted for you to reply to her regarding your complaint within 7 days and if necessary review the file.
iii) She will then examine their reply and the information contained in your complaint file. If necessary, she may also speak to them. This will take up to three days
from receiving their reply.
5. Ms Dodd will then invite you to meet her to discuss and hopefully resolve, your complaint. She will do this within 7 days of step 4 concluding. If you do not want a
meeting or it is not possible, Ms Dodd will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include her suggestions for resolving the matter. She will
do this within 7 days of completing her investigation.
6. Within three days of any meeting, Ms Dodd will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions she has agreed with you.
7. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied you can write to us again. If you wish Ms Dodd's decision to be reviewed, Mrs Siemonek will review Ms Dodd's decision
within 14 days.
8. We will let you know the result of the review within 7 days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your
complaint and explaining our reasons.
9. If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
10. We will also give you the name and address of the Legal Ombudsman (LEO). If you are still not satisfied, you can contact them about your complaint. The LEO
will normally investigate complaints within six years from the act/omission complained of or three years from you realising the cause of your complaint. You must
refer to the LEO within six months of the date of our written response to your complaint. The LEO may consider it appropriate to refer the matter to the Solicitors
Regulation Authority (SRA).
The address for the Legal Ombudsman is:
PO Box 6806
Helpline: 0300 555 0333
Robert Lunn and Lowth
2, Sheep Street,
Stratford upon Avon,
Stratford upon Avon 2