Civil litigation is the expression used to cover a variety of Court disputes whether a small contract claim for an unpaid bill of £50.00 or a complex multi million pound building contract.
Robert Lunn and Lowth in Stratford-upon-Avon can help in a wide range of these situations.
The Courts encourage settlement at an early (and every) stage and a realistic approach and assessment of likely costs at an early stage.
Cases are split. Those below £5,000 proceed under the “Small Claims Track”. Under this procedure the Courts expect that the parties will manage without Lawyers. The procedure should be relatively simple. A typical case will probably take 45 minutes for the Judge to hear and deal with.
We can advise on cases in the Small Claims Track but where possible try to give you guidance and steer you in the right direction so that you can take the case yourself through the system without incurring significant costs.
For more information contact Mr Edward Jeffery.
Disputes and court
Robert Lunn and Lowth are Solicitors based in Stratford-upon-Avon.
We can help with:-
- Recovery of debts
- General contract and commercial litigation
- County Court Claims
- Landlord and Tenant and Possession of land claims
- Rent deposit scheme disputes
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Claims against insurers
- Building Disputes
- Problems and disputes in business partnerships.
Boundary disputes frequently arise where owners of adjoining landcannot agree where they believe the boundary is.
Robert Lunn and Lowth have significant experience in this area.
If you have the misfortune to find yourself in one of these situations there are a number of things always to be remembered:-
1. The other party is likely to be your neighbour. Good relations between neighbours can add much to the quality of life and, if those good relations are lost, much damage to the quality of life.
2. Do not assume the title deeds or Land Registry plans are absolute guarantees of the positions of boundaries. Nearly all legal plans in conveyancing and Land Registry matters are marked “for identification only”. Do not assume that simply by picking up a plan and measuring out the position on the ground success is guaranteed.
3. If a boundary dispute goes to Court a Judge may well be more influenced by what is actually on the ground and what historically has happened in regard to particular boundaries.
4. Boundary disputes can be expensive, frustrating, and time consuming.
For this reason even more than in other litigation we will strive to help you achieve a sensible and balanced outcome and to keep you fully aware at all stages of the potential merits and risks that may be involved.
Repossessions - landlord or tenant
Robert Lunn and Lowth, solicitors in Stratford-upon-Avon, can advise and represent you in repossessions whether as Landlord or Tenant.
Examples of the areas of work we cover are:-
- Accelerated Possession proceedings
- Assured Tenancies
- Ground Rent and Service Charge disputes
- Business Tenancy renewals under The Landlord & Tenant Act 1954
- Forfeiture claims
- Breach of Covenant proceedings
- Distraining for rent by certificated Bailiffs
- Peaceable re-entry of business premises
- Proceedings against trespassers and squatters.